Question: Hi!! I have one PDF file which is protected, so I cant copy the content even I cant print the same. Please tell me how to copy specific content of the file. Is there a solution on VeryDOC?
Answer: According to your description, the PDF is protected by owner password and disable printing, copying and other options, so you can not do copy the content even print the same. But you can try to convert this PDF to text by VeryDOC PDF to Text Converter. This converter can help you convert owner password protected PDF file to text directly and it supports languages like English, French, German, Italian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, etc. Meanwhile it supports all version PDF files from PDF 1.1 to 1.8. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
Step 1. Free install PDF to Text Converter.
- This software is GUI version, so when downloading finishes, you will get an exe file. Please install this software by double clicking the exe file and following installation message till shortcut icon showing up on desktop.
- When the installation finishes, please go to the installation folder. Call the exe file in MS Dos Windows. By this method, you can also use it like command line version software.
Step 2. Convert password protected PDF to text.
- Here I will take the command line version for example. Here is the usage for your reference:
- When converting password protected PDF to text, you can run the conversion directly without inputting the owner password.
- For now this software can not help you convert open password protected PDF to text.
- Here are some other parameters for your reference:
PDF2TXT <input PDF file> [output TXT file] [-logfile] [-open] [-space] [-html] [-format] [-silent] [-blankline] [-summary] [-zoom <num>] [-?] [-h]
C:\>PDF2TXT C:\input.pdf C:\output.txt
C:\>PDF2TXT C:\test\*.pdf C:\test\*.txt
You can use wild characters to run the conversion in batch.
<input PDF file>: Open an existing PDF file to convert.
[output TXT file]: Write to TEXT file, the default is same filename of input PDF file.
[-first <page number>]: Specify the first page number.
[-last <page number>]: Specify the last page number.
[-logfile]: Write log to "C:\pdf2txt.log" file.
[-open]: Auto open the text file after it be created.
[-space]: Auto insert spaces into text file.
[-html]: Output to a HTML file, not a text file.
Please check more parameters on homepage, I can not list all of them here. After conversion, you can copy text from the output text file. By this method, you can copy content from owner password protected PDF file. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.