Question:Hi to all, I'm now looking for code-examples to convert EMF-Files to PDF/A-Files in Delphi 6. As I'm new to the PDF Engine and it looks like a really great component, I want to make it perfect. I need the conversion from EMF to PDF/A automatically for archives!Maybe somebody has an example for this? Thanks in advance!
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can have a free trial of VeryDOC Metafile to PDF Converter. This converter can be used to convert EMF to PDF in batch. And there is also developer version which allows you to call it from Visual Basic, C/C++, Delphi, ASP, PHP, C#, .NET, etc. In the following part, I will show you how it works from command line version.
- This software is command line version and there is no GUI version available. For uploading and downloading easy, we have compressed it to zip file. Once downloading finishes, there will be a zip file in the downloaded folder. Please unzip it then you can check the elements in it.
- There are many exe files in the extracted folder. When you need to convert EMF to PDF, please call emf2pdf in MS Dos Windows. And check more usage and examples in the readme.txt.
Step 2. Convert EMF to PDF
Usage: emf2pdf [options] <emf-file> [<pdf-file>]
- When converting EMF to PDF/A singly, please refer to the following command line.
emf2pdf.exe -pdfa C:\in.emf C:\out.pdf
-pdfa: this parameter is an order to create PDF/A compliance PDF file. And this parameter is necessary when converting EMF to PDF/A.
- When converting EMF to PDF/A in batch, please use wild characters or bat file.
emf2pdf.exe -pdfa C:\*.emf C:\*.pdf
- When you need to specify the width and height, please refer to the following command line.
emf2pdf.exe -append 2 -pdfa -width 612 -height 792 C:\*.emf C:\out.pdf
- When you need to specify margins, please refer to the following parameters. And those parameters are important when you need to print the output.
-width <int> : this parameter is an order to set page width to PDF file
-height <int> : this parameter is an order to set page height to PDF file
-append <int> :
-append 0: Overwrite if PDF file exists
-append 1: Insert before first page if PDF file exists
-append 2: Append to last page if PDF file exists
-append 3: Rename filename if PDF file exists
-margin <string> : Set page margin to PDF file
-margin 10 : Set margin to 10pt to left
-margin 10x10 : Set margin to 10pt to left,top
-margin 10x10x10 : Set margin to 10pt to left,top,right
-margin 10x10x10x10 : Set margin to 10pt to left,top,right,bottom
The above parameters are enough when you need to convert EMF to PDF/A and specify the width and height. If you need to know more, please contact us support team.