Question: I have this EMF image on my pc and it wont delete/ copy/ paste let my edit it or anything. I have made it so that it wasn't read only but no luck any one got any ideas. Is there a solution on VeryDOC?
Answer: When you need to make EMF not only for reading, maybe you can try to convert VeryDOC Metafile (EMF & WMF) Tools,by which you can convert EMF, WMF and RTF files to Adobe PDF files and edit PDF like making use of effective compression processing to minimize space occupied by the created PDF files; for example, an A4 paper size TIFF file with a B/W image the output size is about 40KB to 50KB per page; color and gray-scale images are also compressed and optimized. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software.. In the market there are lots of tools which can help you edit PDF file. If so feel converting is accessible, maybe you can have a free trial of
Step 1. Free download Metafile to PDF Command Line.
- As this is command line version software, when downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can find the executable file and call it from MS Dos Windows.
- A Windows metafile is a 16-bit metafile that can be used by Windows 3.x, Windows 95, 98 and Windows NT to display a picture, so this software is mainly Windows based. Now it cannot work under other computer system.
Step 2. Convert.
- Please note this software supports nearly all languages and characters, so after conversion, there will be no message code in output PDF file.
- When run the conversion, please refer to usage and example.
- Usage: emf2pdf [options] <emf-file> [<pdf-file>]
- Here are some examples for your reference:
emf2pdf.exe -append 2 -width 612 -height 792 C:\*.emf C:\out.pdf
By this command line,we can merge all EMF file to one PDF and specify width and height.
emf2pdf.exe -append 2 C:\*.emf C:\out.pdf
By this command line, we can append all EMF file to one existing PDF file.
emf2pdf.exe C:\filelist.txt C:\out.pdf
By this command line,we can merge EMF file from list of text file.
Here are some parameters for your reference:
-unicode : Enable Unicode conversion
-rclbounds : Use rclBounds instead of rclFrame
-width <int> : Set page width to PDF file
-height <int> : Set page height to PDF file
-margin <string> : Set page margin to PDF file
Please check more parameters and examples in homepage, I can not list all of them here. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.