In this article, I will show you how to insert Office file to PDF and change basic information of output PDF by command line. I use software VeryDOC DOC to Any Converter, which also allows you to set password for PDF, add watermark to PDF and so on so forth. Please check more detail information on its website. In the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
Step 1. Download DOC to Any Converter
- As this is command line version software, when downloading finishes, there will be a zip in downloading folder. Please unzip it then you can call the executable file in MS Dos Windows.
- This software is shareware but it allows you to use hundreds of times free. And it sells at USD$79 allowing you to use it the whole life without any fee.
Step 2. Insert Office file to PDF and change or add basic information to output PDF.
- When you use this software, please check readme.txt first then you can master rules of this software better. Please use this software according to the usage and examples.
- Usage: DOC2Any [options] <in-file> [<out-file>]
- When you insert Office file to PDF and change or add basic information to output PDF, please refer to the following command line templates.
doc2any.exe -append 1 -subject "subject" C:\in.doc C:\out.pdf
doc2any.exe -append 2 –title "VeryDOC" C:\in.ppt C:\out.pdf
doc2any.exe -append 1 –author "aDA" C:\in.docx C:\out.pdf
doc2any.exe -append 2 –keywords "subject" C:\in.xls C:\out.pdf
This software provides two mode of inserting, you can insert Office file to the first page of PDF or the last page of the existed PDF file. When set basic information, you can change title, keyword, subject, keywords and others. Now let us check the related parameters:
-append <int> : Append document to an existing PDF file. There are four values under this parameter.
-append 0: when you need to overwrite if PDF file exists, please add this parameter.
-append 1: Insert before first page if PDF file exists
-append 2: Append to last page if PDF file exists
-append 3: Rename filename if PDF file exists
-producer <string> : Set 'producer' to PDF file
-creator <string> : Set 'creator' to PDF file
-subject <string> : Set 'subject' to PDF file
-title <string> : Set 'title' to PDF file
-author <string> : Set 'author' to PDF file
-keywords <string> : Set 'keywords' to PDF file
-openpwd <string> : Set 'open password' to PDF file
If you need to know more functions, please visit homepage of DOC to Any Converter. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.