In this article, I will show you how to compress image PDF and preset screen options by. Image PDF is often converted from image or scan file, and it can not be copied and pasted. When compress those PDF file, please use compressing image PDF method.
And PDF preset is a group of settings that affect the process of creating a PDF. These settings are designed to balance file size with quality, depending on how the PDF are used. Most predefined presets are shared across most of PDF application. Here I will take setting screen preset for example to show you how to do compression and presetting to PDF together.
Step 1. Download VeryDOC PDF Compressor
- The method I used here is under the help of software VeryDOC PDF Compressor, which is a professional tool of compressing Adobe Acrobat PDF files, it can reduce PDF file size up to 40-95% using PDF optimization technology for PDF file compression.
- This is version software, once downloading finishes, there will be an zip file. When downloading finishes, please unzip it then you can check the elements in it.
Step 2. Compress PDF by Command Line
- When use this software,pl ease refer to the usage and examples. Here I will list some of it.
- Usage:pdfcompressor [options] <pdf-file> [<out-pdf>]
- When compress PDF and preset screen options, please refer to the following command line templates.
pdfcompressor.exe -preset screen C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfcompressor.exe -preset ebook C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfcompressor.exe -preset printer C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfcompressor.exe -preset prepress C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfcompressor.exe -preset default C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
Check related parameters
-preset <string> : Preset options to compress PDF file, values: screen, ebook, printer, prepress, default
If you do not add special parameters, this software will compress PDF file by default method. However, when compressing image PDF, please use some special method then you can get the better compression effect.
Here are some examples for your reference
-ci <string> : Set Color Image Compression, values: jpx, jpg, zip
-cidown : Downsample color images
-cidownres <int> : Set Color Image Resolution
-cidowntype <int> : Downsample type for color images:
-cidowntype 0: default
-cidowntype 1: Subsample
-cidowntype 2: Average
-cidowntype 3: Bicubic
-gi <string> : Set Grayscale Image Compression, values: jpx, jpg, zip
-gidown : Downsample Grayscale images
-gidownres <int> : Set Grayscale Image Resolution
-gidowntype <int> : Downsample type for Grayscale images:
-gidowntype 0: default
-gidowntype 1: Subsample
-gidowntype 2: Average
-gidowntype 3: Bicubic
The above parameters can also help you compress the image part in PDF file. And when in our knowledge base, we will publish articles about how to compress text based PDF files. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.