This article is about how to use VeryDOC PDF Compressor to compress PDF files and set color/grayscale/monochrome image compression flexibly through command line on Windows platforms.
VeryDOC PDF Compressor is powerful, so why not just visit its homepage from hyperlink above? And, next, for compressing images in PDF files can also help you compress PDF files, you are invited to know how to realize compressing PDF and edit color/grayscale/monochrome image compression: 🙂
Step1. Download software
Please firstly get ZIP package of VeryDOC PDF Compressor, then open it and extract its content to your computer directly. So trial version of this application can be yours from this moment on.
Step2. Open command prompt
After getting trial software, you need to run cmd.exe to open command prompt window so that you can input commands and parameters directly for process. 🙂
Step3. Compress files of PDF and set color/grayscale/monochrome image
In command prompt window, you can start to type commands and parameters like following examples:
pdfcompressor.exe -ci jpx -mi jbig2 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfcompressor.exe -ci jpx -gi jpx -mi jbig2 C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
pdfcompressor.exe –jbig2 –jpx C:\in.pdf C:\out.pdf
where you need to know parameters:
- -ci <string>: Set Color Image Compression, values: jpx, jpg, zip
- -gi <string>: Set Grayscale Image Compression, values: jpx, jpg, zip
- -mi <string>: Set Monochrome Image Compression, values: jbig2, jbig2l, fax, zip, rle
- -jbig2: Compress monochrome image streams with JBIG2 arithmetic
- -jpx: Compress color and grayscale image streams with JPEG2000 arithmetic
where you need to know directories:
- pdfcompressor.exe: call executive file “pdfcompressor.exe”
- C:\in.pdf: specify input PDF file
- C:\out.pdf: specify output PDF file
After you refer to one of examples above to type commands in your own command prompt, you can use VeryDOC PDF Compressor to compress file of PDF and set color/grayscale/monochrome image compression instantly. And later on, targeting compressed PDF file could be added into targeting folder. 🙂
For more articles about this software, please keep visiting here. Thank you for reading here about set color/grayscale/monochrome image compression to compress file of PDF through commands. At last, welcome to use full version of VeryDOC PDF Compressor.