It is known to all that the characters in the raster image file can not be copied and pasted let alone edited. However, sometimes we may need to extract fonts from raster image file then use them in our other documents. In order to realize this function, VeryDOC developed software VeryDOC Raster to Text OCR Converter Command Line which can be used to extract text from the raster image file to text. In the following part, I will show you how to make it.
- As its names implies, this software can extract fonts from all the raster image file to text file.
- This software needs to run in MS Dos Windows. After downloading, you will find it is a zip file. So please unzip it then check the elements in it.
Second, run the conversion following the example in it.
- PDF to text: pdf2txtocr.exe C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
- Tiff to text: pdf2txtocr.exe C:\in.tif C:\out.txt
- Jpg to text: pdf2txtocr.exe C:\in.jpg C:\out.txt
If you want to choose page rang during convert PDF to text, please use parameter “–firstpage & –lastpage”
example: pdf2txtocr.exe -firstpage 1 -lastpage 1 C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
If you want to maintain original physical layout in image file to text file, please add parameter “-layout ”
example: pdf2txtocr.exe -layout C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
There are many functions and parameters of this software, I can list all of them here, please check them in the one by one in the readme.text file.
Question here: does this software support batch conversion, like I need to convert the image file in a whole folder to text file, can I do that by this software?
Answer: Yes this software allows you to do batch conversion. And you should following the example like this:
D:\temp\ folder and subdirectories to text files: for /r D:\temp %F in (*.pdf) do pdf2txtocr.exe -ocr "%F" "%~dpnF.txt"
Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot.
During the using, if you have any question, please contact us by the ways supported on our contact us website.