Question: I have an application developed with Asp.Net and C#. I have to display DWG - CAD files(stored in a server) in a client side browser. I cannot install Auto CAD or any other software or ActiveX control in my client side machines and it can be installed only on the server. Is there a way to achieve it,can I convert DWG to PDF?
I have tried the some application but it was not able to display the image when accessed from a client. But when accessed from the server itself, am able to view the DWG file. Is there a solution on VeryDOC?
Answer: For viewing DWG file in a browser, maybe you can convert DWG to PDF. VeryDOC DWG to PDF Converter can help you convert DWG to PDF easily. After converting DWG to PDF, then you can use VeryPDF Document Viewer to embed PDF to any kind of browser. This is a solution to figure this matter out. Please check more information of those software on their website, in the following part, I will show you how to convert DWG to PDF.
Step 1. Free download AutoCAD DWG and DXF To PDF Converter
- This software either could be used as command line version software or GUI version software.
- When downloading finishes, it is an exe. Please install this software by double clicking the exe file and following installation message.
- When you use it as command line version, please go to installation folder and then find the executable file named as dwg2pdf.exe. Then you can call it from MS Dos Windows.
Step 2. Converting DWG to PDF.
- Here I will take the command line version for example. When you use it as command line, please refer to its usage and example.
- Usage: dwg2pdf [options] <-i AutoCAD Files> [-o Output]
- Command line examples:
dwg2pdf -i C:\input.dwg -o C:\output.pdf
dwg2pdf -i C:\input.dxf -o C:\output.pdf
dwg2pdf -i C:\*.dwg -o C:\*.pdf
dwg2pdf -i C:\*.dxf -o C:\*.pdf
By the wild character, you can convert DWG file to PDF in batch. And there is no DWG version limitation.
For embedding PDF to browser, please refer to user manual of Free Online Document Viewer. This free online API will help you embed PDF to browser by iframe code. There is no third party application needed.
By those two software, you can convert DWG to PDF and embed it to any browser then view DWG file in browser. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.