When you need to create a PDF from an Excel, word file without MS Office installed, maybe you can have a free trial of VeryDOC DOC to Any Converter. This software is command line version and it has been updated to version 3.5. By the latest version, you can create PDF from word, Excel without MS Office, OpenOffice installed.
When you you need to create a PDF from word, Excel by this software, you can convert Excel or word to PDF first and then append the other file at the beginning or the end of the PDF file. The whole process could be done without MS Office installed. Please check more information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
Step 1. Free download DOC to Any Converter.
- As this software is command line Window version software, we have compressed it to zip file. When downloading finishes, you need to unzip it and then find the executable file in extracted folder.
- Please note this function could be done by the older version if you have MS Office installed. If you use the latest version of this software, you do not need to install MS Office or OpenOffice.
Step 2. Create PDF from word, Excel.
- When using this software, please refer to its usage and examples.
- Here is the usage for your reference: DOC2Any [options] <in-file> [<out-file>]
- When create one PDF from word, Excel, please refer to the following command line templates:
- Now let us check related parameter explanation:
- -append <int> :
-append 0 : Overwrite if PDF file exists
-append 1 : Insert before first page if PDF file exists
-append 2 : Append to last page if PDF file exists
-append 3 : Rename filename if PDF file exists
-nooffice: this option help you ignore MS Office and OpenOffice applications completely, when this option is used, doc2any.exe will use ourself's document render engine to parse DOC, DOCX, RTF, XLS, XLSX, ODT, ODS formats, and convert them to other formats (PDF, HTML, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, CSV, etc.), the conversion speed will be the fast.
doc2any.exe -nooffice -append 0"C:\test.doc" "C:\out.pdf"
By this command line, we can create PDF from doc file and append it to an existing PDF file and overwrite if PDF file exists.
doc2any.exe -nooffice -append 1 "C:\test.docx" "C:\out.pdf"
By this command line, we can append docx file to an existing PDF at the beginning of the PDF without MS Office installed.
doc2any.exe -nooffice -append 2 "C:\test.xls" "C:\out.pdf"
doc2any.exe -nooffice -append 3"C:\test.xlsx" "C:\out.pdf"
Same with the first two command line, just notifying that this software supports all version MS Office files.
By this software and this method, we can create PDF from word, Excel easily. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.