Question:I have a folder and inside that folders many folders. In those folders I have PDF files which I need to convert to PS. How does Batch process will be initiated. PDF to PS is not supporting batch conversion. But PDF to Any support only for individual file conversion and that is not possible when the number of files is too large. Only file to file is supported. Is there a detail solution on VeryDOC?
Answer: When you need to convert PDF to PS in batch mode, maybe you can have a free trial of software VeryDOC PDF to Vector Converter, by which we you can convert whole directory PDF files to PS. And this is command line version software, it allows you to write bat file for automatic conversion, run conversion together with other applications like Visual Basic, C/C++, Delphi, ASP, PHP, C#, .NET, etc. Please check more detail information of this software on homepage, in the following part, I will show you how to use this software to convert PDF to PS in batch mode.
Step 1. Free download PDF to Vector Converter Command Line.
- As this software is command line version, we have compressed it to zip file. When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can call it from MS Dos Windows.
- This software is Windows version, supports both 32-bit system and 64-bit system of all version systems under Windows.
Step 2. Convert PDF to PS in batch mode.
- Here is the usage for your reference:pdf2vec.exe [options] [Options] <PDF Files>
- When converting PDF to PS, please refer to the following command line templates:
pdf2vec.exe C:\in.pdf C:\out.ps
pdf2vec.exe C:\*.pdf C:\out.ps
Using the wild character, you can convert whole directory like C directory PDF file to PS. No matter how many sub folders there is, all will be converted to PS file. So this method is quite good for you to run conversion in batch mode.
- When you need to run the automatic conversion from bat file, please refer to the following command line template.
for %%F in ("%CD%\*.pdf") do pdf2vec.exe "%%F" "%%~dpnF.ps"
After writing bat file, simply click it then the conversion will be done automatically.
- Meanwhile this software provides three modes to convert PDF to PS, please have a check.
-psmode <int> : convert PDF file to vector Postscript file
-psmode 0: convert PDF to Postscript via printer driver
-psmode 1: convert PDF to Postscript via local interpreter 1 (slower)
-psmode 2: convert PDF to Postscript via local interpreter 2 (faster)
default is "-psmode 2"
By this software and those parameters, I guess it will be quite easier to convert PDF to PS in batch mode perfectly. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.